The NH Grand Prix continued on this past Sunday with the running of the Epsom Old Home Day 4 Miler. For the first time this season, defending team champion Greater Derry Track Club came out on top in a single race, gathering together 67 finishers to collect a total of 183 points on the day. The Gate City Striders and Upper Valley Running Club would place 2nd and 3rd in the team category with 160 and 56 respectively. Gate City still holds a respectable lead on the series standings with two races remaining.
Individually, Gate City’s Brandyn Naro and Greater Derry’s Amy Bernard captured the overall titles while Charlie Bemis (GDTC) and Elizabeth Gonnerman (UVRC) were the top age-graded performers.
Overall Results (Granite State Race Services)
Photos (Granite State Race Services)
Photos (Donald Yeaton)
2018 results spreadsheet: NHGP-2018-official-6
Next up is the Halfway to St. Pats 5k in Manchester on Sunday September 9th.
The 2018 series has been announced!
- March 10, 12 noon – Lebanon Shamrock Shuffle 5K – Lebanon NH
- April 8, 1pm – Nashua Soup Kitchen 10K – Nashua NH
- June 10 – WRTA Alliance Fast N’ Flat 5K – Windham NH
- June 23 – Capital City Classic 10K – Concord NH
- July 21 – Bill Luti 5M – Concord NH
- August 12 – Epsom Old Home Days 4M – Epsom NH
- September 9 – Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day 5K – Manchester NH
- October 14 – CHaD HERO Half Marathon – Hanover NH
Keep an eye on the series page for updates and results:
2018 Schedule & Results
The New England Half Marathon in Concord, NH served as the grand finale in this year’s NH Grand Prix slate. Though having already secured the series victory in the last event, the Upper Valley Running Club threw one last hurrah and was the top team on the day with 140 points, backed by three Granite Runners who completed the whole series. Host club Millennium Running toed 44 runners to the finish and collectively took 2nd as a team with 111 points with the Gate City Striders 3rd, scoring 75 points.
Individually, Upper Valley was also at the front as Syrup Chugger duo Rich Smith and Kevin Hartstein placed 2nd and 3rd overall behind overall winner Jaidiby Zapata. Zapata’s cruised the net downhill 13.11 mile course in 74 minutes, 39 seconds. For the women, it was Millennium’s Mary Klene first across the line in 84 minutes, 26 seconds. with teammate Jennifer Mortimer the runner up in 86’12. Jessica Bashaw traveled east from Cambridge, NY to grab the bronze in 86’42.
For full results, check out MillenniumRunning.com
For additional race photos like the ones above, have a look at Millennium’s Backprint page
For in-depth details on the 2016 NH Grand Prix, visit our Schedule & Results page.
With the conclusion of the Bedford Rotary 12k, the Upper Valley Running Club now leads the series by a significant spread. Their 594 combined score so far sits 188 points over that of 2nd place Greater Derry Track Club. The Gate City Striders are settled in a distant third. Overall winners were Millennium’s Nick Aguila-Mandich and Upper Valley’s Hannah Taska. Team totals for the race are below:
- Upper Valley Running Club – 164 (594)
- Greater Derry Track Club – 140 (406)
- Gate City Striders – 136 (288)
- Millennium Running – 35 (96)
- Granite State Racing Team – 30 (60)
- Six03 Endurance – 17 (99)
- Rochester Runners – 9 (10)
For total series scores, visit our Schedule & Results page.
Announcing the 2016 New Hampshire Grand Prix schedule!
- Shamrock Shuffle 5K, Lebanon NH, Saturday, March 19, 2016
- Chief Maloney Memorial 10K, Greenland NH, Sunday, April 24, 2016
- Bedford Rotary 12K, Bedford NH, Saturday, May 21, 2016
- Skip’s Run 4M, Lebanon NH, Sunday, June 19, 2016
- Boot Scootin’ Boogie 5K, Londonderry NH, Saturday July 23, 2016 (evening event)
- St. Charles Children’s Home 5K, Portsmouth NH, Monday (Labor Day), September 5, 2016
- Granite State 10 Miler, Concord NH, Sunday October 9, 2016
- New England Half Marathon, Concord NH, Sunday, October 23, 2016
Stay tuned for race start times, and race website and registration links.
Yesterday evening, representatives from the five main competing clubs in the series met to determine the 2014 NHGP Schedule. Here it is:
See you at these events!
The 2013 New Hampshire Grand Prix schedule:
- Shamrock Shuffle 5k – Lebanon, NH – Sat, Mar 16 Overall Results
- Red’s Shoe Barn 5m – Dover, NH – Sun, Apr 21
- Bedford Rotary 12k – Bedford, NH – Sat, May 18
- Pack Monadnock 10m – Wilton, NH – Sun, Jun 2
- Sandown Old Home Days 5m – Sandown, NH – Sat, Aug 10
- St. Charles 5k – Portsmouth, NH – Mon, Sept 2
- Granite State 10m – Concord, NH – Sun, Oct 20