The 2017 NH Grand Prix took a trip to the northwestern part of the state last Sunday as NH club members competed in the Canaan Police Run From the Law. Crisp conditions and a flat course lead to some solid summer 5k times as Steve Hammar (GCS) and Lorna Young (UVRC) took the overall titles in 15’54 and 18’01 respectively. On the team side of things, it was the Upper Valley Running Club who defended their home turf, scoring 186 points for the win. The Greater Derry Track Club rolled up 2nd with 160 while series-leading Gate City finished a close third, racking up 157 team points. Rob Edson (UVRC) and Pam Moore (UVRC) won the age-graded titles on the day.
Team Totals after six events:
- Gate City Striders – 944
- Greater Derry Track Club – 922
- Upper Valley Running Club – 738
- SIX03 Endurance – 180
- Millennium Running – 107
- Rochester Runners Club – 69
- Granite State Racing Team – 68
- White Mountain Milers – 43
- Athletic Alliance Running Club – 20
- Monadnock Regional Milers – 13
- Acidotic Racing – 9
- Coastal Athletic Alliance – 6
Next in line is the St. Charles Children’s Home 5k in Portsmouth on Labor Day morning, Sept. 4th.